Welcome to Hygge House. Inspired by Scandinavian design and set in idyllic Prince Edward County, you are certain to enjoy your vacation at this peaceful waterfront retreat.
Located on the shore of Huycks Bay in a quiet location, Hygge House is an ideal place for rest and relaxation. This comfortable three bedroom, two bathroom vacation home features simple contemporary decor and an open concept living and dining area with large windows and lovely calming water views.
The spacious yard provides lots of space for the kids to run around outdoors and be kids while the adults relax on one of the decks with a morning coffee or an evening cocktail. The larger deck provides a dining space and BBQ for grilling meals while the smaller water-side deck provides a peaceful vista. Guests are welcome to use the two kayaks provided if they’d like to get a close up view of the bay. And what’s a better way to end a ‘hygge’ day than roasting marshmallows and telling tales around the water-side campfire as the sun sets over the bay.
The local road is ideal for biking and walking. North Beach is less than 15 minutes away and your rental includes a beach pass which is also valid for the Sandbanks beaches. Several award winning wineries and breweries are also part of the local landscape. Close by is the quaint lakeside village of Wellington where you can enjoy dining, visiting a bar or cafe, and shopping for supplies and gifts. You may also appreciate the sand beach, lakeside park, Wellington Farmers Market (Sat), and Wellington-on-the-Lake Golf Course.
With 800 km of shoreline surrounding Prince Edward County, what better place to experience canoeing, kayaking, sailing, windsurfing, and fishing or to explore the rich Loyalist heritage and discover why this is home to so many talented artists and artisans? You’ll also find the County overflowing with great one-of-a-kind stores as well as special events & festivals throughout the year. Rich in farm-fresh ingredients, gourmet suppliers and top chefs, this area is absolutely fabulous for foodies. If you’d like more information about the area, check VisittheCounty.ca.
- Beach Pass
- Fishing Nearby
- BBQ, Firepit
- Laundry Room
- Central Air Conditioning
- Located in the country
- Senior Accessible
- Managed by Agency
- Animal FREE
- Cleaning service included
- Linens are included
- Boats available
- WiFi Internet
- King bed
- Central air conditioning plus ceiling fans in the bedrooms
- Sheltered deck with dining table and propane BBQ; also small water view deck with lounge chairs
- Large fairly private yard with some perennial gardens and mature trees
- 3 kayaks, 1 canoe, and life jackets available for guest use
- Fire-pit available for evening campfires
- The quiet dead end road is ideal for biking and walking
- Fully winterized with furnace for low season rentals
- No more than 15 minutes to Wellington where you’ll find a grocery store, restaurants, café, public library, bank, galleries, studios, and some miscellaneous shops & boutiques; 30 minutes to Picton
- Wellington Farmers’ Market every Saturday
- Within 30 minutes of Sandbanks and 15 minutes to North Beach; Beach pass included with rental; provides unlimited daytime access for one vehicle to Sandbanks & North Beach
- Several wineries located close by
- 2 hour drive from Toronto; 3 hours from Ottawa; 4 hours from Montreal
- Summer changeover = SAT
Maximum 8 persons (no more than 6 adults in group); no pets allowed; $350 security deposit; cleaning service is included; linens are included.
Linens, Supplies & Cleaning
- Blankets, sheets, pillows, kitchen linens, towels and bath mats are provided.
- Toilet paper, paper towels, salt & pepper, dish & dishwasher detergent, liquid hand soap, BBQ propane, and garbage bags are supplied
- Drinking Water – The water supply comes from a well, therefore Ontario water regulations require that you either purchase drinking water or boil it before using it for drinking
- Cleaning service is included
- Maximum 8 persons – no more than 6 adults – families and couples preferred
- No pets allowed, owner has allergies
- No smoking inside
- Check-in 4:00 pm; Check-out 11:00 am
- High Season (Jul & Aug): weekly rentals with SATURDAY check-in/check-out
- Low Season: 2 night min; 3 night min for long weekends
- Rates are tax exempt
- $350 refundable security deposit required